Doctor Weiss (first name unrevealed) is a recurring character on Criminal Minds.
Absolutely nothing is known about Weiss, other than she became a medical examiner in Virginia. She has shown members of the BAU the bodies of victims whenever they investigate cases conveniently located near Quantico.
Weiss shows Rossi the body of Strauss following her death at the hands of John Curtis. She verifies Strauss's cause of death and also reveals that there was a marking shaped like an 8 carved into her wrist. It is this marking that leads the BAU to decipher Curtis's workplace and narrow him down from the list of suspects.
Weiss briefly appeared in the episode, in which she shows Morgan and Reid the body of Gideon after he was murdered by Donnie Mallick. She also tells them the cause of Gideon's death (three gunshot wounds) and tells them he didn't suffer for long.
Weiss briefly reappeared, giving the BAU the autopsy for Eileen Banks, the victim of Miles Hendrick.
- Weiss is the sixth of seven characters in a medical profession to appear more than once in the show's history. The others are:
- Doctor Sherman, who appeared in the Season Six episodes Valhalla and Supply and Demand.
- Doctor Ray Mathis, who appeared in the Season Six episode The Stranger, then reappeared in the Season Eight episode The Pact.
- Doctor Stacey Carroll, who appeared in the Season Seven episode Epilogue, then reappeared in the Season Eight episode The Fallen.
- Doctor Tony Wilson, who appeared in the Season Two episode The Big Game, then reappeared in the Season Ten episode The Itch.
- Doctor Pat Lewis, who appeared in the Season Nine episode The Inspiration, then reappeared in the Season Eleven episode Awake.
- Doctor Samuel Bayo, who appeared in the Season Six episode Sense Memory, then reappeared in the Season Eleven episode A Badge and a Gun.
- M.E. Cranston, who appeared in the Season Seven episode There's No Place Like Home, then reappeared in the Season Eleven episode The Sandman.