|Name||The Thirteen Unsubs|
|Country of Origin|| Virginia, U.S.|
Two other U.S. states
|Area of Operation||U.S.|
|Appx no. of Members||13 (4 currently at large; 2 incarcerated; 7 statuses unknown)|
|First Appearance||"The Storm"|
There is currently no shared background between any of the members involved. They hail from three different states across the U.S.
On September 28, 2016, the thirteen were freed through the machinations of a group of anarchists, as a way to divert the attention of law enforcement from their scheme to commit a terrorist attack against the U.S. At least one member, Peter Lewis, a serial killer by proxy captured by the BAU a year ago, was aware of the plan and even participated in it. He did so by testifying against Hotch, who was framed of conspiracy by the anarchists as part of their plan. At the end of the episode, the BAU receive word of the mass breakouts, and Hotch tells the rest of the team that they must recapture all of them.
- Peter Lewis, a.k.a. "Mr. Scratch" (currently at large). Portrayed by Bodhi Elfman.
- Daniel Cullen, a.k.a. "The Crimson King" (incarcerated or institutionalized). Portrayed by Kraig Dane.
- Earl Roy Everton (incarcerated). Portrayed by Tim Abell.
- Three unnamed serial killers (all currently at large)
- Seven unnamed serial killers (all deceased or incarcerated)
- There is an extremely likely chance the thirteen will not be operating as a single group, with at least most of them operating independently, because they escaped from prisons in three different states. However, they are listed as a criminal organization since the BAU will be investigating them as one overall case.