The BAU searches for a killer with escalating confidence when a Miami prostitute is murdered in a manner similar to a series of recent animal killings. Meanwhile, Morgan tries to increase Reid's athletic skills by convincing him to join the bureau softball team.
- Mekhai Andersen - Henry LaMontagne
- Shira Scott Astroff - Hollie Riggio
- Michael Broderick - Secret Service Player
- Veronica Diaz-Carranza - Amanda Lopez
- Hector Hugo - Detective Sam Ogilvie
- Shirley Jordan - Doctor Rosa Escobedo
- Eitra Kennedy - José Aguilar
- Nancy La Scala - Claire Whitewood
- Matthew Lillard - David Roy Turner
- Marina Lyon - Shawna Radford
- Cade Owens - Jack Hotchner
- Chuck Pierce - Umpire
- Harrison Thomas - Toby Whitewood
- "Trucha" by Perpetual Odd & Ghostman MC
- "Black Is The Color Of My Gun" by Swan/Almighty Love Noise
- Derek Morgan: "Better than a thousand days of diligent study, is one day with a great teacher." Japanese proverb
- Spencer Reid: "The greatest good you can do for another, is not just to share your own riches, but to reveal to him, his own." Benjamin Disraeli
- Many of the characters in this episode were named after characters in The Bad News Bears series of movies. The movies were about a team of misfits playing little league baseball.
- The mentor/apprentice relationship between the unsubs in this episode is similar to the dynamic in How To Be A Serial Killer, in which Matthew Gray Gubler played the apprentice. In that movie, as in this episode, Gubler's character wore a baseball cap. Some of the scenes with Morgan patting Reid on the shoulder while coaching him mirrored the interactions between Gubler's character and the serial killer mentor in that movie.
- ↑ Possibly meant to be Joseph Duncan III, but the BAU's description of him doesn't match common facts about him