|Season 12, Episode 5|
|Air date||November 9, 2016|
|Written by||Stephanie SenGupta|
|Directed by||Tawnia McKiernan|
The BAU is called to investigate the murders of two families in Minnesota, with one person being left alive for both attacks. As the team delves further into the investigation, they discover a startling link between both survivors, which could provide a motive for the killings.
- Tess Aubert - Sam
- Kelli Barksdale - Grace Doherty
- Drew Bell - Mitch Settergren
- Trevor Black - Sheriff Wilson
- Joey Bragg - Kyle Ecklund
- Kaylee Bryant - Amanda Bergstrom
- Shaughn Buchholz - Eric Bakken
- Vishesh Chachra - Dad #1
- Matt Cornett - Austin Settergren
- Romel De Silva - Josh
- Dalton Gray - Matt Doherty
- Heather Hopkins - Female Teen Motorist
- Jacob Houston - Zach Peterson
- Erica Lamkin - Mom #1
- Devan Leos - Ryan
- Christine McLain - Bridget Bergstrom
- Hunter Payton - Kevin Bergstrom
- Lizzie Poncio - Megan
- Jill Whelan - Principal Vicki Dahl
- David Wunderlich - Ron Fergusson
- Spencer Reid: "The malicious have a dark happiness." Victor Hugo
- Spencer Reid: "Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean-Paul Sartre
- The episode was originally scheduled to air on November 2, 2016, but it was delayed by a week due to the competing World Series Game 7 event.
- Despite being credited in the opening sequence, Aisha Tyler, the actress who portrays Lewis, doesn't appear in the episode.
- This is, in fact, the seventh episode in which a main character has not appeared despite his or her actor or actress being credited as usual. The first episode was Broken Mirror, in which A.J. Cook and Kirsten Vangsness do not appear as JJ and Garcia, respectively, despite being credited. The second was 25 to Life, in which Thomas Gibson does not appear as Hotch. Three Season Eleven episodes were part of a small story-arc, in which Matthew Gray Gubler did not appear as Reid. The sixth was Taboo, in which Tyler also did not appear as Lewis.