The term Homegrown Terrorist refers to a terrorist who is a citizen of the country in which he performs his criminal activities.
The United States government defines terrorism as "the unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence in order to intimidate or coerce governments or societies, often for ideological or political reasons".
- State - They are groups holding power in a country and use terror in order to control the populace.
- Religious - They are motivated by religious ideals and grievances and are more likely to use "all in" tactics such as suicide bombings.
- Right Wing - They aim to combat left-wing liberal governments and preserve traditional social orders.
- Left Wing - They seek to overthrow capitalist democracies and establish socialist or communist governments in their place.
- Pathological - They utilize terroristic strategies for the sheer joy of terrorizing others.
- Issue Oriented - They carry out for their attacks for the purpose of advancing a specific issue.
- Separatist - They seek to cause fragmentation within a country and the establishment of a new state.
- Narco-Terrorism - They are organizations that gain funds through the sale of drugs and use violence to make the sale of their drugs easier.
On Criminal MindsEdit
- Jamal Abaza (leader of the Militant Islamic Society)
- Sam (member of the New York Terrorist Cell)
- Ben Abner (member of the New York Terrorist Cell)
- Chad Brown (homegrown terrorist)
- Ian Doyle (leader of the Breakaway IRA Faction)
- Izzy Rogers and Matthew Downs (independent)
- Wayne Gulino (homegrown terrorist; leader of his personal army)
- Hayman Vasher (homegrown terrorist)
- Mitchell Crossford (homegrown terrorist)
- Eric Rawdon (homegrown terrorist; leader of the Virginia Anarchists)
- Johnson (homegrown terrorist; second-in-command of the Virginia Anarchists)
- Militant Islamic Society
- New York Terrorist Cell
- Breakaway IRA Faction
- Gulino's Soldiers
- Regime Squad
- The Virginia Anarchists
Real Individual TerroristsEdit
- Timothy McVeigh
- Eric Rudolph
- Theodore Kaczynski
- Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
- Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale
- Christopher Dorner
- Nidal Malik Hasan
- Anders Behring Breivik
- Paul Jennings Hill
- James Charles Kopp
- Frazier Glenn Miller, Jr.
- Eric Frein