The BAU is called to Tampa, Florida, to investigate when bizarre hieroglyphs are found on the bodies of suicide victims, and realize they are dealing with a very unusual killer. Meanwhile, Reid decides to take his mother out of a clinical study early to bring her home with him.
- Andy Cohen - Kevin Hilliard
- Will Finley - Mike Bollinger
- Dia Frampton - Jill Flanagan
- Drea Garcia - Beth Sims
- Joyce Guy - M.E. Joan Grayson
- Bjarne Hecht - George Findley
- Eric Henry - Bryce Jarvis
- Jane Lynch - Diana Reid
- Kailena Mai - Amalia Banks
- Beth Maitland - Eleanor Parsons
- Rudy Marquez - Owen Sims
- Angela Robinson Witherspoon - Cassie Campbell
- Spencer Reid: "We must remember that Satan has his miracles, too." – John Calvin
- Spencer Reid: "Time moves in one direction, memory in another." – William Gibson
- Surface tension is the elastic tendency of a liquid's surface, which is caused by the attraction of particles residing in the surface layer to other particles residing in the same layer. This results in a minimized surface area and allows insects that are denser than the liquid to float and walk on its surface.
- The aerial shot of Tampa, Florida, featured in the episode is actually an aerial shot of Orlando, Florida.