Shelby Young is an American actress and voice actress.
Born on April 8, 1992, in Florida, Young began an acting career. She was alternately praised and hated by soap-opera fans for her work as the spiteful Kinsey on the NBC series Days Of Our Lives. She later received more attention for her role as a recurring character on the Emmy-winning series American Horror Story on FX. Young also acquired a recurring role as Jennifer on the CW show Everybody Hates Chris; guest-star roles on Awkward, Ghost Whisperer, and Freddie; and a supporting role in Wild Child.
Young's most recent work consists of a starring role in The Midnight Game and a guest-starring role on the procedural drama Criminal Minds. Another recent film venture for her was the Oscar-nominated film The Social Network, based on the founding of the social-media network Facebook. She was the original pilot lead for Nickelodeon's popular Lazytown project, appeared in the films Waltzing Anna and The Naked Brothers Band Movie, and also did voice work.
On Criminal MindsEdit
Young portrayed drug-addicted daughter Mackenzie Acklin in Through the Looking Glass.
- The Midnight Game (2013) as Rose
- Criminal Minds - Through the Looking Glass (2012) TV episode - Mackenzie Acklin
- American Horror Story (2011) as Leah (3 episodes)
- Days of Our Lives (2009-2011) as Kinsey (62 episodes)
- Awkward. (2011) as Danielle
- The Social Network (2010) as K.C.
- Wild Child (2008) as Ruby
- Everybody Hates Chris (2005-2008) as Jennifer Thompson (4 episodes)
- Zip (2007) as Noreen
- The Nativity Story (2006) as Naomi (voice, uncredited)
- Waltzing Anna (2006) as Catherine Rhoades
- Freddie (2006) as Emma
- Ghost Whisperer (2006) as Young Stacy
- The Naked Brothers Band: The Movie (2005) as Girl Magnet Fan
- The Wishing Stone (2002) as Shelby
- Going to California (2001) as Sue Ann Butler
For an up-to-date filmography, see here.