Sam Murphy is an American actor.
Murphy grew up dancing at The Boston Ballet and continued his training at the North Carolina School of the Arts. After graduating from high school, he moved from Winston-Salem, North Carolina, to the Brooklyn borough in New York City, New York. During his time there, he attended David Mamet and Bill Macy's Atlantic Theater Conservatory. After portraying two different characters on the same sitcom and working on a pilot in New York City, he moved to Los Angeles.
Murphy was the first character cast for a Laura Ziskin-produced pilot that went on to spawn a series called Three Moons over Milford. Despite the show's mixed reviews, Murphy received mentions in both The Hollywood Reporter and Variety for his performance. He later gained recognition in the industry after landing a lead role in the play Dead End at the Ahmanson Theater. This led to a recurring role on the CW series Runaway, as well as the pilot Suspect. Murphy later portrayed the volatile blue-collared son of a construction worker on ER.
On Criminal MindsEdit
- Broadway Lofts (2014) as Matt Kazden
- The Napkin (2012) as Billy (short)
- Criminal Minds - Epilogue (2011) TV episode - Chase Whitaker
- Journey to Promethea (2010) as Magnus
- Anytown (2009) as Bo Aznabev
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2008) as Scott Bonfilio
- Saving Grace (2008) as Eric Smith
- Keith (2008) as Zach
- Without a Trace (2008) as Tim Jenkins
- The Eleventh Hour (2008) as Derek keenin
- Suspect (2007) as Ronnie Deutsch
- ER (2007) as John Murphy
- The Unit (2007) as Wounded Soldier
- Numb3rs (2007) as Ernie Fuller
- Flight to Savannah (2007) as Keegan (short)
- Cold Case (2006) as Eric Witt
- Runaway (2006) as Ethan
- Three Moons Over Milford (2006) as Alex Davis (9 episodes)
- The Closer (2005) as Eric Josephson
- Joan of Arcadia (2004) as Donny
- The Jury (2004) as Tim Hintz
- Hope & Faith (2004) as Ian/Tyler Sadwith (2 episodes)
- Chasing the Elephant (2003) as Auditioning Actor (short)
- Hot Girl Walks By (2015) - 1 episode
For an up-to-date filmography, see here.