|Birth Date||June 22, 1947|
|No. of Victims|| 8 killed|
|Portrayed By||Patrick Holder|
|First Appearance||"Perennials" (via flashbacks)|
Not much is known about Smith, including why he came to start killing, though he was mentioned to be a sexual sadist. He killed a total of eight Alabama prostitutes from 1967 to 1978, by hammering icepicks into the back of their necks, starting with Patricia "Patty" Johnson, who was killed on October 9, 1967, when Smith was twenty years old. Also, during this time period, he somehow acquired a prominent scar on his jaw. He was also arrested for an unspecified reason (likely related to the incident in which he acquired his scar) on August 3, 1977, days before killing his fourth victim Marsha Allen, but was released. His killings ended on January 19, 1988, when he got into a gunfight with Tuscaloosa police officers, in which he was severely wounded. Smith was rushed to a local hospital, where he died from his gunshot wounds. At the same time, in the same hospital, and even alongside Smith's dying body, Willie Kestler was born. This coincidence would motivate Kestler to commit his own killings.
Smith targeted prostitutes, ambushing them, threatening them into compliance with a handgun, and making them bite down on a stick. He would then kill them by hammering an icepick into the back of their necks.
- October 9, 1967, Mobile: Patricia "Patty" Johnson
- December 10, 1970, unspecified location: Lori Silva
- June 21, 1974, unspecified location: Tina Cavallini
- August 14, 1977, unspecified location: Marsha Allen
- March 28, 1979, Gadsden: Carol Hansen
- September 30, 1983, unspecified location: Cynthia Powell
- February 5, 1985, Birmingham: Taylor Lynn Grover
- November 2, 1987, unspecified location: Josie Hardin
- January 19, 1988, Tuscaloosa: Several unnamed police officers (attempted; got into a gunfight with them)
- Smith has some similarities to Season Three serial killer Francis Goehring. Both were sexual sadists who targeted women, acquired scars on their cheeks, and died after confrontations with police officers. Their deaths also inspired a copycat to emerge.
- Smith also has some similarities to Season Seven serial killer Rodney Garrett, who also targeted women and killed them using an icepick. Their deaths also inspired a spree of copycat killings.