|Birth Date||June 27, 1958|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, CA|
|Family|| Four unnamed siblings|
Britt Helfer (wife)
Connor Newman (son)
Kendal Newman (daughter)
Robert Newman is an American actor best known for his role as Joshua Lewis in the soap-opera Guiding Light.
Newman was born in Los Angeles, California, on June 27, 1958, as the youngest of five children. He attended Birmingham High School and later earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in theatre from the California State University at Northridge. He also received training at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, California, as well as the Lee Strasberg Institute in Los Angeles. Newman gained prominence during his first acting role, where he appeared in the soap-opera Guiding Light as Joshua Lewis. The role lasted from 1981 to 2009. In addition to his role on Guiding Light, Newman also played the characters of Prescott Harrell on General Hospital in 1985, and Kirk Cranston on Santa Barbara during the following year. He has been nominated for four Soap Opera Digest awards for his role as Joshua Lewis. In addition, he has also been nominated for two Daytime Emmy Awards in 2002 and 2006, both times in the category of Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series.
On Criminal MindsEdit
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) as Police Captain
- Venice the Series (2013-2014) as Richard (12 episodes)
- NCIS (2011-2013) as Navy Admiral Wayne Hargrove (2 episodes)
- Homeland (2013) as Banker One
- Dracano (2013) as Col. Maxwell
- Criminal Minds - Middle Man (2010) - Sheriff Jeff Salters
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2010) as Cal Cutler
- Guiding Light (1981-2009) as Joshua Lewis (551 episodes)
- Class of '61 (1993) as Capt. Wykoff
- Hunter (1990) as Dr. Alex Turner (2 episodes, credited as Robert Connor Newman)
- Santa Barbara (1986) as Kirk Cranston (27 episodes)
- General Hospital (1985) as Prescott Harrell
For an up-to-date filmography, see here.