Pamela Roberts is an American actress.
Roberts was born on December 8, 1948, in Chicago, Illinois. At a young age, she moved to Los Angeles, California, with her parents. In the 1970s, Roberts joined the Paul Robeson Players theatre touring company, which led to an opportunity to perform at the Festival of Black Art and Culture in Lagos, Nigeria, in 1977. Roberts' theatre acting credits include Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Lena Younger in A Raisin in the Sun, Maggie Pollitt in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, the titular character of Medea, and Mattie Williams in The River Niger. Her strong theatre background led to a career in both film and TV. Throughout the 1980s, she appeared in popular TV shows like Hill Street Blues, Dynasty, and L.A. Law.
In the 1990s and 2000s, Roberts guest-starred on Doogie Howser, M.D., ER, Living Single, Gabriel's Fire (where she costarred with actor James Earl Jones), NYPD Blue, and Joan of Arcadia. In 2002, she landed a role in the sci-fi film Minority Report directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Cruise. Recently, Roberts was cast in a short film titled Pacific Edge, starring Edward Asner. The two went on to guest-star together in the same episode of the CBS-produced police procedural series Criminal Minds, though they did not share their scenes together. In her personal life, Roberts lives in Los Angeles with her husband, actor Michael D. Roberts, and their two children.
On Criminal MindsEdit
Roberts portrayed a desk cop in the Season Ten episode A Place at the Table. Coincidentally, Pacific Edge costar Edward Asner also guest-starred in the same episode, though they didn't have any scenes together.
- Grow House (2017) as Elderly Woman
- The Odd Couple (2017) as Parishioner
- Married (2015) as Susan
- Criminal Minds - A Place at the Table (2015) TV episode - Desk Cop
- Pacific Edge (2015) as Penny (short)
- NYPD Blue (2004) as Victoria Brinker
- Joan of Arcadia (2004) as Judge
- The Division (2003) as Receptionist
- Minority Report (2002) as Violent Wife
- The District (2001) as Mrs. Giblin
- Get Real (2000) as Janine Cassa
- The Good News (1997) as Mrs. Newsome
- South Bureau Homicide (1996) as Rev. Brenda Mason (short)
- Living Single (1996) as The Actress
- ER (1996) as Mrs. Haney
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (1994) as Mayor Sharpe
- Love Can Be Murder (1992) as Althea
- Homefront (1991) as Estreanda
- Doogie Howser, M.D. (1991) as Dr. Biddison
- Gabriel's Fire (1990) as Florence Manners
- L.A. Law (1989-1990) as Clerk #1/Clerk (2 episodes)
- Dynasty (1988) as Reporter
- Frank's Place (1988) as Woman
- Hunter (1988) as Arnice Garriman
- Our House (1987) as Unknown Character
- Hill Street Blues (1985) as Nurse
For an up-to-date filmography, see here.