|Name||Joshua Regnall Stewart|
|Birth Date||February 6, 1977|
|Birth Place||Diana, West Virginia, US|
|Family|| Deanna Brigidi-Stewart (wife)|
Justine Ryan (daughter)
Jacob River (son)
Reggie and Margie Stewart (parents)
|Years Active||1999 - present|
Josh Stewart is an American actor best known for his characters in the series Third Watch and Dirt and his role in the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
Josh Stewart first attended West Virginia Wesleyan College, he then transferred the following year to West Virginia University where he graduated with a business degree in marketing.
Stewart got his start doing local theater at the Landmark Theatre in Sutton, West Virginia, and eventually moved to New York City to study at the T. Schreiber Studios. He was a company member of the 13th Street Repertory Theatre. He continued his theater in Los Angeles performing in Light Bulb and Beacon.
His first TV appearances were portraying minor characters and even in a commercial for Levi's 501 Original jeans.
Stewart got his break when he was cast as Brendan Finney in the final season of the series Third Watch.
After Third Watch was canceled, Stewart filmed a movie entitled Lenexa, One Mile (later renamed Full Count), that was also the directing debut of Jason Wiles. After filming wrapped, Stewart began a new television series entitled Dirt, where he played the character of Holt McLaren, until it too was canceled.
Stewart made his mainstream, feature film debut in 2008's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button playing the character of Benjamin's crew-mate, Pleasant Curtis. Also that year, he appeared in The Haunting of Molly Hartley. In 2009, he costarred in his first feature film, The Collector playing the part of Arkin.
On Criminal MindsEdit
Stewart portrays Detective William LaMontagne, Jr., husband of Jennifer Jareau and father of her children Henry and Michael. His character first appeared as the LEO in charge of the episode Jones. Later, he came back as the friend of one of the victims in the episode In Heat. He was next seen in the episodes Lo-Fi, Memoriam, 100, and The Slave of Duty as JJ's romantic partner. He reappeared in the two-part Season Seven finale Hit and Run, in a major role; he married JJ in the latter episode. He reappeared once again in Nanny Dearest, 200, The Storm, and Sick Day.
- Then Came Jones (2003) (TV) - Bill Jenkins
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Bad to the Bone (2004) TV episode - Sean Cleary
- Third Watch - 20 episodes (2004-2005) TV episodes - Off. Brendan Finney
- Jekyll (2007) - Tommy
- Dirt - 20 episodes (2007-2008) TV episodes - Holt McLaren
- ER - Under Pressure (2008) TV episode - Daniel
- Raising the Bar - Hang Time (2008) TV episode - Dan Denton
- The Haunting of Molly Hartley (2008) - Mr. Draper
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) - Pleasant Curtis
- CSI: Miami - Smoke Gets in Your CSIs (2009) TV episode - Colin Astor
- Southland - Unknown Trouble (2009) TV episode - Vid Holmes
- The Collector (2009) - Arkin
- The Mentalist - The Scarlett Letter (2009) TV episode - Harlan McAdoo
- Criminal Minds - 12 episodes (2007-present) TV episodes - Detective William LaMontagne, Jr.
- Ghost Whisperer - Living Nightmare (2010) TV episode - Robert Wharton
- Wake (2010) - Paul
- No Ordinary Family (2011) - Joshua a.k.a. "The Watcher"
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - Barsad
- For an up-to-date Filmography: imdb.com/Josh Stewart
- He is a competitive snowboarder and boxer.
- He enjoys hunting with his father.
- His father is a pastor at the Redeming Grace Baptist Church in Webster Springs.
- His mother is a teacher at Webster Springs Elementary School, where he attended as a schoolboy.