Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Birth Date||April 16, 1950|
|Family|| Unnamed sibling (deceased)|
Unnamed sibling-in-law (deceased)
Paul Mulford (nephew; deceased)
Johnny Mulford (nephew; deceased)
|Occupation|| U.S. Army soldier (discharged)|
Service station owner
|Signature||Hunting victim(s) in the local forest (presumably)|
|Modus Operandi||See below|
|No. of Victims||1+ killed|
|First Appearance||"Open Season" (via mugshot)|
See section on The Mulford Family article
Joe would presumably hunt his victims like wild animals in the Boise National Forest, just as Paul and Johnny would later do. Since nothing is specified about how and why Joe killed, it is safe to speculate that he may have known and had something personal against his selected victims. Joe's weapon of choice is also not specified, but it was most likely a compound bow and arrow, a preference he passed on to Paul and Johnny. It can also be presumed he would abduct people whose cars broke down on Highway 2, since Paul and Johnny would do so to their known victims in Open Season.
No profile of Joe was made by the BAU, since they were focused on Paul and Johnny. Why Joe started killing was never specified, but it was implied that the psychotic delusions that got him kicked out of the U.S. Army drove him to do it. It is safe to speculate (as nothing at all is revealed about why he killed) that he may have known his victims and had something against them, though nothing has ever been confirmed except that he killed at least one victim.
- Unspecified dates: Numerous unspecified charges of assault and battery
- Pre-1980: Unnamed victim
- At least fifteen other victims killed by either him or Paul. Named ones are:
- Post-2000: Phillip Fitzroy
- Colin Bradford
- -her Osgood (first name partially obscured)
- Post-2002: Colby Freeman
- Post-2003: Brad Jepson
- Hayward (first name obscured)
- David Sutterman
- Unspecified date: Dustin Strafford
- March-April: Lydia Charles
- ↑ Since he has only one confirmed victim while the rest of the seventeen-plus victims are unconfirmed to having been killed by him as well, he is classified as this pathology
- ↑ Considering that Paul was seven years old at most during the time of Bridges's death, Joe would be the more likely killer
- ↑ Same as above