|Season 8, Episode 4|
|Air date||October 24, 2012|
|Written by||Breen Frazier|
|Directed by||Larry Teng|
"Through the Looking Glass"
"The Good Earth"
When a legless corpse is found outside Albuquerque, New Mexico, and an unwilling amputee is later found in a motel, the BAU sets out to profile an amateur surgeon before he can prey on his next victim. Meanwhile, Reid's phone calls to a mystery woman leave the team intrigued.
- Heleya de Barros - ER Doctor
- Liz Jenkins - Triage Nurse
- Marion Kerr - Donna Sullivan
- Stefan Marks - Doug Smith
- Chris McGarry - Carl Timmons
- Lou Richards - Ben Hughes
- Jamie Rose - Linda Nelson
- Regina Saldivar - Maria Rodriguez
- Paul Sanchez - Detective Gonzalez
- Arjay Smith - Tony Anders
- Ray Wise - Doctor John Nelson
- Adolf Hitler
- Josef Mengele
- Spencer Reid: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote, "When a doctor does go wrong, he's the first of criminals. He has the nerve and he has knowledge."
- Jennifer Jareau: "Body and soul cannot be separated for purposes of treatment, for they are one and indivisible. Sick minds must be healed as well as sick bodies." Dr. Jeff Miller
- A God complex is an emotional characteristic associated with an inflated sense of ego. Someone who suffers from a God complex believes that he or she has the ability to overcome any problem or task, despite the high impossibility and probability for failure.
- Stefan Marks, the actor who played Doug Smith, previously appeared on Criminal Minds, starring as Bill Thompson in the Season Three episode In Name and Blood.