|Name||Francesco Daniele Quinn|
|Birth Date||March 22, 1962|
|Birth Place||Rome, Italy|
|Family|| Anthony Quinn (father - deceased)
Julie McCann (wife)
|Years Active||1985 - 2011|
Francesco Quinn was an American actor perhaps best known for his portrayal of underground drug king Rhah in Oliver Stone's Academy Award-winning Platoon.
Following in the footsteps of his father, who had appeared in more than 200 pictures, Francesco Quinn has displayed both acting range and a specialization in moody, dangerous characters with an edge; some of the more recent examples being Dracula himself in the alt-historical thriller Vlad, and wandering warrior Thane Le Mal in the short film The Gnostic.
Straight historical drama has been one of the younger Quinn’s strengths, playing roles such as that of Latino Captain Salamanca in Steven Spielberg’s mini-series Into the West (2005) and a lead role in Rough Riders (1997). One of Quinn’s earliest roles was as Marcus Vinicius in the 1985 mini-series Quo Vadis?.
Francesco has appeared in 23 feature films including the New York Independent Film Festival winner Placebo Effect. He starred with his famous father in several films, including A Star For Two with Lauren Bacall. One of their most poignant performances together was in The Old Man and the Sea, playing Santiago as a young man opposite his father as the elder version.
In 1986, a Vietnam war film called Platoon and directed by Oliver Stone became a smash hit and a winner of Best Picture at the Oscars. Francesco had a large role as Rhah, a raspy-voiced figure often in the shadows who takes heroin from dead Vietnamese and attempts to help the new recruits in their first big battle.
Meanwhile, some of Francesco Quinn’s most extensive and effective work has been in television guest star roles in crime and thriller dramas. He was lead guest star in an episode of JAG (1995) that won the show a 29 share (the highest rating in its history). On The Fugitive, Quinn played Victor Gutierrez, a DEA agent with an edge, and he has played recurrent villain Syed Ali on the series 24. Other TV guest starring roles have occurred in Criminal Minds, ER, CSI: Miami, Navy NCIS, Alias, Crossing Jordan, In the Heat of the Night, Miami Vice, Red Shoe Diaries, The Handler, Soldier of Fortune, Good vs. Evil, Vengeance Unlimited, and The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones.
Francesco was a longtime fixture on daytime hottest soap, Young and the Restless and was nominated for an ALMA Award as Outstanding Actor in a Daytime Soap Opera for his work as Tomas Del Cerro, an aloof writer from New York.
Quinn was one of the earlier working actors to branch out into contributing to video games with his role as a main character in Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (1999).
On August 8, 2011, he died suddenly of a heart-attack while walking near his home in Malibu, California.
- Buttermilk Sky (2009) - Rafael
- Four Single Fathers (2009) - Dom
- Pussy Whipped (2009) - Antonio
- Rollers (2009) - Quinn
- Broken Promise (2008) - Santos
- Danny Fricke (2008) - Pablo Vicente
- Hell Ride (2008) - Machete
- The Pledge (2008) - Sheriff
- Afghan Knights (2007) - Amad
- Muertas (2007) - Carlos
- The Gnostic (2007) - Warrior
- The Tonto Woman (2007) - Ruben Vega
- Tinseltown (2007) - Arturo
- Cut Off (2006) - Agent Jones
- Man vs. Monday (2006) - Juan Carlos
- Park (2006) - Smoldering Park Worker
- Criminal Minds (2005) - Michael Russo
- Into the West (2005) - Captain Salamanca
- NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service (2003) - Gunnery Sgt. Freddie Alvarez
- The Handler (2003) - Detective Lopez
- Vlad (2003) - Vlad Tepes
- CSI: Miami (2002) - Fidel
- 24 (2001) - Syed Ali
- Alias (2001) - Minos Sakkoulas
- Almost a Woman (2001) - Don Carlos
- Crossing Jordan (2001) - The Lead Cuban
- The Fugitive (2000) - Victor
- The Translator (2000) - Jean-Paul Esselen
- The Young and the Restless (2000) - Tomas del Cerro
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Firestorm (1999) - Vega - Nod General
- Good vs Evil (1999) - Agent Shaw
- Nowhere Land (1998) - Walfredo
- Placebo Effect (1998) - Zac
- Vengeance Unlimited (1998) - Col. Oscar Ponce
- Deadly Ransom (1997) - Luis Mendes
- Rough Riders (1997) - Rafael Castillo
- Soldier of Fortune, Inc. (1997) - Ramon Boharo
- Cannes Man (1996) - Frank `Rhino` Rhinoslavsky
- JAG (1995) - Kabir Atef
- Red Shoe Diaries 5: Weekend Pass (1995) - Tommy, pool hustler
- The Dark Dancer (1995) - Ramone
- Top Dog (1995) - Mark Curtains
- ER (1994) - Dr. Alfonso Ramirez
- Deadly Rivals (1993) - Bunny Wedman
- Red Shoe Diaries (1992)
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (1992) - Francois
- A Star for Two (1991) - Young Gabriel Todd
- Murder Blues (1990) - John Reed
- The Old Man and the Sea (1990) - Santiago as a Young Man
- Casablanca Express (1989) - Captain Franchetti
- Indio (1989) - Daniel Morell
- Judgement (1989) - Jimmy Sollera
- Stradivari (1989) - Alessandro
- The Favorite (1989) - Adult Mahmud
- In the Heat of the Night (1988) - Ramon Salazar
- Priceless Beauty (1988) - Peter
- Platoon (1986) - Rhah
- Quo Vadis? (1985) - Marcus Vinicius
- Miami Vice (1984) - Francesco Cruz
- For an up-to-date Filmography: imdb.com/Francesco Quinn
- Fluent in English, Spanish, French, and Italian, he was a lover of world traveling.
- He was brother to Lorenzo, Valentina, Alex A. and Danny Quinn.
- His twin children were baptized by former Pope John Paul II.
- Was an avid participant of extreme sports such as skiing, snowboarding, windsurfing, and free diving.
- Was an accomplished biker, whether it be mountain bike or motorcycle. He reportedly cycled at least 300 miles a week.