Dusty Sorg is an American actor.
Sorg was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, on May 8, 1979. However, he was raised in Hugo, a small town outside of St. Paul. After seeing Die Hard at the age of twelve, he instantly developed an ambition to become an actor. In his early years, he performed in local church productions and high school plays, then at area playhouses and local theaters around the Twin Cities. He graduated from White Bear Sr. High School in White Bear Lake in 1998, and studied at the Hennepin Center of the Arts in Minneapolis for a time being. Upon moving to Los Angeles, California, in 1999, Sorg was able to book a role in a McDonald's commercial, which was to be the first of several national TV commercials.
For three years, Sorg had to live with his close friend, fellow actor Vincent Kartheiser, in Hollywood, California. Sorg was later hired at The World Famous Comedy Store, where he had to hone his stand-up comedy method for two years as a requirement of employment. Sorg made his lead debut as Vernon Butts, one of the accomplices of prolific serial killer and rapist William Bonin, in the cult horror film Freeway Killer. He then made appearances in John Carter, Heroes, and Shadow on the Mesa. Sorg was nominated Best Supporting Actor at the 2013 Maverick Movie Awards for his role in the indie action film Down and Dangerous.
On Criminal MindsEdit
- Adam Ruins Everything (2016) as Drug Dealer
- Criminal Minds - Keeper (2016) TV episode - Cormac Burton
- Westworld (2016) as Sketchy Guest
- Jonny's Sweet Revenge (2016) as Trevor Jeffers/Skittles
- Colony (2016) as Unfortunate Worker
- Damn Foreigners (2015) as Scrawny Inmate
- Down and Dangerous (2013) as Elliot Reid
- Shadow on the Mesa (2013) as Potluck
- 100,000 Zombie Heads (2012) as Legate C
- By the Wayside (2012) as Roy
- John Carter (2012) as Twitchy Corporal
- The Balance (2011) as Edward (short)
- L.A. Noire (2011) as Lefty Roberts (video game, voice)
- NCIS: Los Angeles (2010) as Jerry J.
- Heart of Now (2010) as Edwin
- In the Drink (2010) as Jason (short)
- Freeway Killer (2010) as Vernon Butts
- Heroes (2009) as Caleb
- Heroes: Slow Burn (2009) as Caleb (TV miniseries, 3 episodes)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2009) as Counter Boy
- Mad Men (2008) as Convention Guy (uncredited)
- Woke (2008) as Homeless Man
- Nameless Moment (2006) as Gavin (short)
- The Television (2005) as Customer #2 (video short)
- Rings (2005) as Frantic Caller (video short, voice)
- The Company Man (2004) as Cowboy Kid (short)
- The Guardian (2002) as Joey
- Sabrina, the Teenage Witch (2000) as Jack
- The X-Files (1999) as Lucky Boy Employee (uncredited)
For an up-to-date filmography, see here.