The team investigates a spree killer who is targeting women at a small college in Flagstaff, Arizona. The BAU shuts down the campus, creates a detailed profile of the unsub, and arrests a suspect. However, the team members begin to have doubts about themselves when another woman is killed while the suspect is in custody.
- Alexa Alemanni - Amy Deckerman
- Jayne Atkinson - FBI Section Chief Director Erin Strauss
- Jon Barton - SWAT Leader
- Shelly Cole - Anna Begley
- Anthony Diaz-Perez - Paul Davies
- Kim Estes - Coroner
- Vince Grant - Nathan Tubbs
- Christina Haag - Female Cop
- Elizabeth Hendrickson - Katie
- Thomas Longo - FBI Agent
- Amanda MacDonald - Helen
- Angela Oh - Stephanie
- Shawn Michael Patrick - Detective Jim Griffith
- Tyler Poelle - Officer Joe
- Moira Price - Suzanne Cable
- Moira Squier - Sarah Jacobs
- Tori White - Alisa Daylon
- The Richard Jewell case
- Eric Rudolph, The Olympic Park Bomber
- Kenneth Bianchi, The Hillside Strangler
- Veronica Compton
- "Wolf Like Me" by TV On The Radio
- "Lazy Eye" by Silversun Pickups
- "Cat Claw" by The Kills
- "Wait" by The Kills
- "Barely Holding On" by Wes Nickson
- "I'm Still Holding On" by Ken Holloway
- "New Noise" by Refused
- "Stuck Between Stations" by The Hold Steady
- The episode was originally scheduled to air as the finale of Season Two, but due to the perceived similarity between its plot and the then-recent Virginia Tech shootings, it was removed from the 2006-2007 lineup and moved to the 2007-2008 lineup instead.
- This episode is the first of three episodes to not use bookend quotes in the show's history, the second being the Season Four episode "To Hell and Back, part 2" and the third being the Season Eleven episode "Derek".
- Elizabeth Hendrickson, the actress who portrays Katie, previously appeared in another episode of Criminal Minds, starring as Amy Cole in the Season Two episode "P911".
- ↑ Credited as "Cop"