|Season 3, Episode 14|
|Air date||April 2, 2008|
|Written by||Edward Allen Bernero|
|Directed by||Edward Allen Bernero|
"A Higher Power"
Rossi travels to Indianapolis to continue his investigation into the unsolved double murder that has plagued him for twenty years, and he is joined by Prentiss, JJ, and Morgan when they learn about the case. Meanwhile, Hotch and Reid interview a death-row inmate in a Connecticut prison.
Guest Cast Edit
- Jon Barton - SWAT Leader
- Nicholas Brendon - Analyst Kevin Lynch
- Clara Bommelie - Young Alicia Galen
- E.J. Callahan - Landon
- Matthew J. Cates - Joe
- Dennis Christopher - Assistant Warden Abner Merriman
- Natalie Dye - Young Connie Galen
- Reese Fritch - Young Georgie Galen
- John Gloria - Detective Gary Willis
- Christopher Heltai - Strip Club Customer
- Big LeRoy Mobley - Bull
- David Pearl - Cop
- Jessica Raskin - Alicia Galen
- Rando Thomas - Makeout Man
- David Tom - Georgie Galen
- Nicholle Tom - Connie Galen
- Tim Trobec - Guard
- Michael Shamus Wiles - Chester Hardwick
- "We'll Get By" by Gary Louris
Bookend Quotes Edit
- David Rossi: "Within the core of each of us is the child we once were. This child constitutes the foundation of what we have become, who we are, and what we will be." Neuroscientist Dr. R. Joseph
- Aaron Hotchner: "There is no formula for success, except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings." Arthur Rubinstein
- This is the first of two episodes that deals with two separate cases. The second episode is The Crossing, also a Season Three episode, which dealt with a stalker and a woman possibly suffering from battered women syndrome.
- In the episode Birthright, Rossi informs John Caulfield that it has been twenty-one years since the double homicide in Indianapolis occurred. However, in this episode, it is then stated by him and others to be the twentieth anniversary of the crime.
- In one scene, there is a "Legacy" sign on a carnival area fence, which is obscured to read as "Gacy", a reference to real-life serial killer John Wayne Gacy.