In Criminology, a Copycat is a criminal who mimics the crimes, M.O.s, or victimologies of another criminal. It is theorized that criminals of this type copy the crimes of others in order to find their own "style"--or lack thereof.
On Criminal MindsEdit
- Season One:
- Season Two:
- Season Three:
- Season Four:
- Season Seven:
- Robert Adams ("Painless") copied the bomb design used by school shooter and bomber Randy Slade, as well as a notable aspect of Slade's M.O.
- Caleb Rossmore ("True Genius") copied the Zodiac Killer.
- Herman Scobie ("Unknown Subject"), in an attempt to pass off as him, partially copied the serial rapist Hamilton Bartholomew, a.k.a. "The Piano Man".
- Dylan Kohler ("Divining Rod") partially copied Rodney Garrett during the former part of his killings.
- Season Eight:
- John Curtis ("The Silencer", "The Apprenticeship", "Magnificent Light", "Zugzwang", "Broken", "Carbon Copy", "Brothers Hotchner" and "The Replicator") partially copied the M.O.'s of unsubs the BAU apprehended during the course of Season Eight, as well as the Amerithrax case.
- Willie Kestler ("Perennials") partially copied Russell Smith.
- Donnie Bidwell ("Carbon Copy") incorporated the M.O.'s of two killers into his M.O.: Jack Lee Kemper and Bryan Hughes.
- Season Nine: