During the murder of Nadie Ramos, Lindsey, acting under Cat's instructions, drugged Reid with what appeared to be scopolamine and convinced him to stab Nadie to death. She then pinned Nadie's murder on Reid by stashing drugs away in the trunk of his vehicle, then luring him out to the desert to be found by Mexican police. After being extradited back to the U.S. and denied bail, Reid was then sent to Wilkins' workplace at Millburn Correctional Facility, where Wilkins would keep an eye on him and presumably report back to Cat about Reid's progress.
Lindsey later killed Cassie Campbell, the caretaker of Reid's mother Diana, by shooting her in the head. Then, she intentionally had Reid see Diana for one last time through a scheduled visit, and then abducted her. Immediately after, she took Diana to Wilkins' cabin, where her plan was to lure the BAU into a trap and kill them by detonating explosives placed around the cabin.
No official profile was made of the group, though it was clear that all three members were motivated by a personal vendetta against Reid.
- Cat Adams (leader; incarcerated). Portrayed by Aubrey Plaza.
- Lindsey Vaughn (incarcerated). Portrayed by Gia Mantegna.
- Lionel Wilkins (deceased). Portrayed by Richard T. Jones.
- February 13, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico: Victor Flores (shot by Lindsey; killed for his truck)
- February 14, Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico:
- Spencer Reid (assaulted, drugged, and forced him to kill Nadie Ramos by Lindsey)
- Nadie Ramos (stabbed 25 times with a knife by a drugged Reid)
- April 15, Washington, D.C., U.S.:
- April 15-16, Fredericksburg, Virginia, U.S.: The cabin standoff committed by Lindsey:
- Cat's Gang has numerous similarities with Chloe's Gang, which appeared in Season Seven. They were both three-person groups led by a duplicitous female, which were both on revenge missions against an individual, with an abduction playing a key role in the plan (the targets being Reid's mother Diana and Ian Doyle's son Declan, respectively). In both cases, a caretaker of some kind was killed by members of the group; Lindsey killed Cassie Campbell, Diana's nurse, while Chloe Donaghy, the leader of her own gang, killed Declan's nanny, Louise Thatcher. At some point later in the plot, one member of the group was betrayed and murdered by another (Lionel Wilkins and Richard Gerace, respectively). Finally, the plans of both leaders were foiled by Reid in some way during a standoff with the BAU. In Cat's case, Reid got her to confess the truth about who truly fathered her baby, which led to Lindsey's surrender and subsequent arrest. In Chloe's case, it was Reid's idea to exchange Doyle for Declan, which led to Lachlan McDermott double-crossing her and, later, he helped shoot and kill Chloe when she opened fire on the BAU.