Cari Shayne is an American actress best known for her roles in General Hospital, Party of Five, and Naomi & Wynonna: Love Can Build a Bridge.
Shayne was born on September 8, 1972, in Sellersville, Tennessee, and was raised in the U.S. Midwest. In her adult years, she moved to New York City, New York, and graduated from the Professional Children's School. After moving to Los Angeles, California, she was cast as Karen Wexler in the daytime soap-opera General Hospital, which she gained fame from early in her career. Shayne became even more well-known after her move to prime-time with the FOX drama series Party of Five and the NBC miniseries Naomi & Wynonna: Love Can Build a Bridge. The praise she received won her the role of Claire Gundry in the 1950s period film The Price of Heaven. Shayne also costarred with in Shaughnessy and Jack the Dog.
Shayne has also done extensive work in TV shows. Prior to the conclusion of Beverly Hills, 90210, Shayne's talent was noticed by Aaron Spelling, who wrote her onto the show as Daniel Cosgrove's schizophrenic wife. Shayne has also made regular appearances on TV series such as Cold Case, American Dreams, and The Division. In addition, she starred in the pilots Forbidden Island and Dope. More recently, Shayne made an appearance in the first-ever action series made for Mobile and broadband platforms, Flatland, from the producers of Million Dollar Baby and The Godfather. In her personal life, she lives in Los Angeles with her husband Zeus Mendoza, with whom they had a son, Gaelan, who was born in October 2004.
On Criminal MindsEdit
- Criminal Minds - 52 Pickup (2008) TV episode - Detective Rachel Harding
- Cold Case (2006) as Dottie Mills, 1958
- American Dreams (2003) as Emily McCarren
- Dancing at the Harvest Moon (2002) as Amy
- The Division (2002) as Lt. Sharon Walker
- Flatland (2002) as Gwen Torrance
- Jack the Dog (2001) as Cafe Girl
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (1999) as Lauren Durning (5 episodes)
- Love Boat: The Next Wave (1998) as Catherine Beaumont
- Early Edition (1997) as Genie Berlatski
- The Price of Heaven (1997) as Claire Gundry
- The Inheritance (1997) as Edith Adelon
- Star Trek: Voyager (1997) as Eliann
- Kirk (1996) as Julia (2 episodes)
- Shaughnessy (1996) as Megan
- Murder, She Wrote (1996) as Amy Walters
- The Lazarus Man (1996) as Isabel Wickwire
- Party of Five (1994-1995) as Nina DiMayo (9 episodes)
- General Hospital (1992-1995) as Karen Wexler
- Naomi & Wynonna: Love Can Build a Bridge (1995) as Young Naomi Judd
- Almost There! (1991) as Kimberly
For an up-to-date filmography, see here.