"Bad Moon on the Rise" is the twelfth episode of Season Thirteen of Criminal Minds.
When brutal casualties are reported in New York, the BAU is called to investigate.
- Daniella Alonso - Lisa Douglas
- Derek Anthony - Captain Martin Savalas
- Leana Chavez - Cop #1
- Nico Christou - Bryce McCord
- Melissa De Sousa - Adele McCord
- Jon Donahue - Greg Winters
- Khalid Ghajji - Frankie Brown
- Ken Hodges - Brad Norton
- Jackie Houston - Wife
- Chaz Ingram - Husband
- Carlin James - Chad Higgins
- Ronnie Marmo - Mitchell McCord
- Anthony Martins - Vihaan Patel
- Eliot Rodriguez - Passerby
- Susan Slome - Medical Examiner Clare Kaufman
- Jess Weaver - Robber
- Daphne Abdela and Christopher Vasquez
- "Apple of an Eye" by Tab the Band
- "Lowlands" by Far Lands
- Tara Lewis: "It is the very error of the moon; She comes more nearer earth than she was wont. And makes men mad." – William Shakespeare
- Luke Alvez: Curt Siodmak wrote, "Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the moon is full and bright."
- The title of the episode is similar to the name of a song by Creedence Clearwater Revival, released in April 1969. In fact, the lyrics of the chorus include "There's a bad moon on the rise."
- Khalid Ghajji, the actor set to portray Frankie Brown, had previously portrayed Haji in two episodes of the show's eleventh season.