Amy Davidson is an American actress best known for her role as Kerry Hennessy in the ABC sitcom 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter.
Davidson was born in Phoenix, Arizona and raised in an academic environment. Her father was a principal at El Mirage Elementary School, while her mother was an English teacher at Desert Foothills Junior High School. As a young child, she was enrolled in dance classes by her parents, and Davidson took ballet, pointe, hip-hop, and modern dancing. While Amy attended Shadow Mountain High School, she began to appear in ads. Her acting coach, Jean Fowler, soon encouraged her to move to Hollywood and start a career there.
After appearing in the television movie The Truth About Jane as well as an episode of the drama series Judging Amy, Davidson was casted to be in the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen series So Little Time. She also guest-starred in the sitcom Malcolm In The Middle as well as in the Hallmark Channel film Annie's Point opposite Betty White and Richard Thomas. Another role Davidson took was the film Goyband, in which she portrays a young Orthodox Jewish girl who falls for a former boy-band pop star who performs at her family's hotel in the Catskills.
Davidson married actor Kacy Lockwood in 2010. The website sitcomsonline.com came to start an online campaign to get Davidson to be a guest star or even become a recurring character on the new ABC comedy series Suburgatory. Commenting on this campaign, Davidson stated that she loved the idea and would love to appear on the show.
On Criminal MindsEdit
- Judging Amy (2001) as Lindsey Sandowski
- So Little Time (2001-2002) as Cammie Morton
- 8 Simple Rules (2002-2005) as Kerry Hennessy
- Brandy & Mr. Whiskers (2005) as Tiffany Turlington
- Strong Medicine (2006) as Jamie
- Malcolm in the Middle (2006) as Paula
- CSI: NY (2007) as Carolyn
- The Capture Of The Green River Killer (2008) as Helen Ramus
- Criminal Minds (2009) as Zoe Hawkes
- Ghost Whisperer (2009) as Dana Mayhew
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2011) as Leslie Gitig
- House (2012) as Molly
- Teenage Tupelo (1995) as Ticket Girl
- The Truth About Jane (2000) as Elizabeth
- Annie's Point (2005) as Ella Eason
- Netherbeast Incorporated (2007) as Pearl Stricklett
- Goyband (2008) as Rebekka
- Firebreather (2010) as Jenna Shwartzendruber
- For an up-to-date Filmography: imdb.com/Amy Davidson
- ↑ Goodykoontz, Bill. "'SIMPLE RULES' FOR SUCCESS VALLEY ACTRESS WINS SITCOM ROLE THANKS TO DESIRE, DETERMINATION", The Arizona Republic, 16 October 2002, p. E1
- ↑ sitline.com